Community forum
This is an open space to discuss health research topics, feedback on the Gateway functionality and comment on resources such as datasets. Everyone is welcome to join existing discussions or start a new topic.

How to add a new project

Projects on the Gateway answer specific research questions and can be used to enhance your own research or inform you of new research and analysis. You can search for existing research projects and view their details. You can also add your own projects and any related datasets, tools or projects.

Features

• Add project details
  • Add related resources
  • View project’s status on the gateway

If you want to create a project, you can do so from your account. Once signed in, you can click your name in the top right hand corner and get a list of options. Clicking on ‘projects’ you will be taken to a page where you can manage any projects you have created. You can see the status of your projects on the gateway, they are either active, pending approval, rejected or archived. An administrator is responsible for approving or rejecting your submitted project. You will be able to see the time and day of the latest update, the name of the project and the author.

To add a new project, select the ‘add a new project’ button in the top right hand corner.

This will take you to a form where you will complete the details of the project you wish to add to the Gateway. The inputs on this form will be displayed to all users in the project detail page. Many of these inputs use auto-suggest functionality, meaning you can select from pre-created options or create new options.

I’ve filled in most of the form. I want input covid-19 as the domain but it’s not an existing selection, so I’ll type it in and select ‘new selection’. This will now be available for other users to use as their domain.
The final input is optional and allows you to link this project to related resources that are already on the gateway. I’ve already added one here, so let’s add another.

In the modal, you will be able to search for resources like you do on the main Gateway. You can filter by type of resource and click to add. You can select several at a time, and the amount is shown here at the bottom left of the modal.

After selecting your resources they will show up at the bottom of the form - you can remove them or add a bit of text to explain the relationship between them.

When you are happy with the information in the form, you can click publish.

You will be taken to your newly created project page. As it is pending review from an administrator, only you will able to view this page. You will be notified when a decision has been made on your project – notifications appear on the bell icon next to your name. Meanwhile you see it’s status in your account. It will be under the pending review tab, until a decision is made and it is either approved or rejected.