Below is a starter for 10:
What we know:
- NHS-D DM+D provides a unified Ethnicity coding for England
- CTV3 provides detailed breakdown at multiple ethnicity groups
- ONS (GSS) uses a standard vocabulary for Ethnicity categories
- Gender - Male, Female, Indeterminate, Not Known
What we don’t know:
- What code lists are used elsewhere? - research Cohorts
- How is Gender coded?
- How are research protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria are defined?
- How do we control for confounding factors e.g. socio-economic factors etc which are unfortunately related to ethnicity, so that we do not inadvertently widen the disparity?
Where do we want to be?
- Federated repository that holds ethnicity codings used in all four nations
- Harmonised ethnicity codes mapped across datasets in all four nations
- Use mapped ethnicity codes to minimise unintended harm
How do we get there?
- Any Quick Wins?