Community forum
This is an open space to discuss health research topics, feedback on the Gateway functionality and comment on resources such as datasets. Everyone is welcome to join existing discussions or start a new topic.

Dataset not found- message confusing

This message appeared when clicking through to a dataset listed in a collection that has been removed by a custodian- however this message isn’t clear that’s what has happened and also the dataset is still appearing in the collection ‘browse’ section.

Hi @vicky.hellon - with this message does it pop up when the dataset has been removed from the collection? Or the dataset itself has been removed from the Gateway?

@tanika.patel Its when the dataset itself has been removed from the Gateway (these datasets are still appearing in collections but i think that is getting fixed)

We need to confirm whether the dataset is added with a version ID or PID. If the former, I think the fix should be to use PIDs. Collections are not pegged a particular version, but could be, so if a user navigates to the version added in a collection then the default datset page what shows that there is newer version applies.

It is not clear what we should do if a dataset was deleted fully, i.e. including all versions. Should we automatically delete it from the collection without the creator’s knowledge or provide a notification to the collection owner that a dataset has been deleted or both

Or further should the dataset just be kept, but flagged as deleted?

Thanks for the feedback! We have added your suggestion to our backlog.

You can track the progress of your suggestion here

Read more about what will happen next https://www.notion.so/Feature-requests-and-feedback-d26dd1c0b14c40a985982c1269d7aeca