How-to videos are step by step tutorials that walk the viewer through a task or journey. They are especially useful with tasks that are complex or that have a lot of visual functionality. You may need a how-to video created if you have had several requests for guidance on a task, topic or journey. You may also need a how-to video if you or your colleagues require more guidance on a topic.
Do you need a how-to video? First check:
- Does it already exist?
- Is it an update to an existing video?
- What category would it fit into?
- What live functionality is it awaiting?
- Is it ‘big’ enough to warrant a video? (Can it be combined with another task?)
- Could it be a written guide? (if there is not much visual functionality)
- Is it needed? (e.g. have you had several requests for guidance on this topic?)
To request a video please provide the following as a reply to this topic:
Please provide the following:
- What task or journey are you wanting to detail?
Please detail the specifics you want to be shown
- What is the topic title?
- Which category does it fit into?
View the current categories below
Request a new category if it does not fit into these
- Why does it need to be created?
- Is all the functionality you require live?