Community forum
This is an open space to discuss health research topics, feedback on the Gateway functionality and comment on resources such as datasets. Everyone is welcome to join existing discussions or start a new topic.

Paper authors are more important than uploader

From Lydia Martin, Cathie Sudlow (BHF DSC)

If you want to be able to edit information on a publication, you need to be added as an author. Often groups will have an administrator that adds or updates the information on the Gateway - so an admintrator user type that can add and update information would be useful. Also, authors can only be added if they have an account on the Gateway (this is misleading as the authors should be the authors of the paper) so, as suggested above, being able to automatically pull information from the PubMed, MedRxiv etc databases to populate authors, title etc would be more accurate. Could also provide link out to PubMed, MedRxiv etc to enable the user to access the abstract/full paper

What do you want to be able to do?
I would prefer the editor of the papers record to be called “Uploader” so it is clear and distinct from Authors which is non-editable as it would be automatically imported by the journal. I would also like to have the authors (possibly with ORCIDS to disambiguate) and affiliations (with grid.ac or ror.org IDs) as distinct metadata fields so I can click on them to see all their papers

Why is this important?
See above

Any suggestions for how we could solve this?
See above

Thanks for the feedback! We have added your suggestion to our backlog.

You can track the progress of your suggestion here

Read more about what will happen next https://www.notion.so/Feature-requests-and-feedback-d26dd1c0b14c40a985982c1269d7aeca