Community forum
This is an open space to discuss health research topics, feedback on the Gateway functionality and comment on resources such as datasets. Everyone is welcome to join existing discussions or start a new topic.

Variable Level Search

I wonder if there could be a simpler use-case than cohort discovery that could be developed for the Gateway - Variable level search

See example search for a ‘smoking’ variable from the understanding society surveys

We already have this technical metadata, so If I were to be able to add a few variable search terms, I would be able to get the variable name, description, datatype and the list of datasets that have these variables

Version 2 of this would combine the technical metadata profiles to give me the distribution of the variable in each dataset.

Version 3 would be able to use the terminology service to expand the query term to use semantics to identify variable, even if the variable/description does not have the word smoking in it.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! We have added your suggestion to our backlog.

You can track the progress of your suggestion here

Read more about what will happen next https://www.notion.so/Feature-requests-and-feedback-d26dd1c0b14c40a985982c1269d7aeca