Community forum
This is an open space to discuss health research topics, feedback on the Gateway functionality and comment on resources such as datasets. Everyone is welcome to join existing discussions or start a new topic.

Wed 24 Mar 11:00 / Metadata onboarding and cohort discovery

If you’d like to join this session, please leave a message below. We’ll be reviewing work-in-progress designs and collecting feedback for the following features:

Cohort discovery Version 3

Cohort discovery allows researchers to find datasets by searching for the characteristics of people in the dataset instead of keywords. For instance, I could search for females aged 25-65 who have skin cancer. This would return 1 or more datasets on the Gateway which contain data matching this description.

We will show work-in-progress designs for the next set of improvements to this feature, such as better signposting and allowing users to save their cohorts.

Metadata onboarding Version 2

Metadata onboarding allows custodians to add datasets to the Innovation Gateway. Historically this has been done via the HOP tool from Metadata Works. We are currently in the process of transferring this onboarding process to the Gateway.

Version 1 of metadata onboarding focused on bringing in the existing functionality from Metadata Works, with minor improvements such as the validation and approval process.

We will review work-in-progress designs for Version 2, which might include:

• Data quality and metadata richness scores
  • Potential changes to the schema structure, such as age range, follow-up, limitations
  • Nudging custodians to provide better data
  • Versions and variants

Hi @monique.silva, I would like to join this session (have a clash until 11:15 hope it will be ok).

No problem, I have forwarded the invitation to your email. Thanks!